My nanny came to spend the morning with the kids. She’d been there many, many times before. But, that particular morning, it felt like the first time for so many reasons. Before, she would come to stay with my kids and I would frantically ran about town, meet with students, and rush to meetings. When it came time for me to leave the house, she’d watch while I debated with myself about whether to bring along my “real” laptop…in case I had a spare second to edit photos, respond to emails, etc., and generally she patiently watched while I tried my best not to loose my mind. By the time she would come to hang out with Reagan and Breckin, I likely would have already been awake for 2-3 hours, trying to get a jump start on the days work, before I’d do the frantic dash out the door to my other job. I’d wake up so utterly exhausted after having stayed up much longer than I should have, trying to keep on top of everything going on between the two jobs, and still trying to give a little time to my own children.
But that day was so very different. I collected my things, felt refreshed from the longest night’s sleep I’d had in a long time, and headed out the door. I’m sure I forgot my keys, came back to be sure I had my wallet, and THEN was able to leave the house, but it didn’t matter. Nothing could stop me that day, because I was the boss. I greeted everyone I saw with a smile…perhaps a slightly-too-big smile. Every song that came on Pandora while I got caught up with work seemed to be my favorite. Nothing could bring me down. I so wish I could bottle a little bit of that day’s energy for the rough days, or the days when things seem to not be going right…I know it’s not really possible, but in a way, I did. I’ll never forget how amazing that day felt. How pride and empowerment overtook my very soul that day.
So…it’s for all these reasons and more that I’m so excited to do this giveaway. As you may or may not remember, TODAY, Valentine’s Day, marks the 1 year anniversary since I decided to follow my dreams, be my own boss, and pursue my passion…my business!! I’ve blabbered on quite enough…so here’s the details about what you can get, and how you can enter!
What you can win!
I’ll be doing 4 half hour mini-sessions at a park (rain or shine!) for those who are the first to complete the tasks outlined below. (I’ll be honest, I’m hoping for snow!) Oh, and the mini-sessions will be…FREE! What?! That’s right. Free.
So…what do you have to do?? I’m so glad you asked!!
- Be available on Saturday, March 10th to come to the park of my choice (TBA).
- Put a comment on this blog post letting me know that you’re SO EXCITED about this, and you’re going to make it happen for yourself.
- If you don’t have a Pinterest account, STOP right here, and go get one. If you have an account already, read on! If you need an invitation, get in touch with me. Get onto Pinterest, and get the “Pin It” button (if you don’t already have it). If you need help with this, just click here. Once you have that Pinterest button, come back to my blog and start pinning! I’m asking you to pin at least 4 of your favorite images of any kind to a board that you make on Pinterest.
- Once you’ve made your board, and picked at least 4 of your favorite images, come back here, and post a link to the board in the comments section.
- Tag @LambPhoto in a post on Twitter. You can say something about this giveaway, or how badly you want to win, or whatever you want!
- Finally, I’m asking you to send at least 15 of your friends to check out and “Like” Amanda Lamb Photography on Facebook. You need to like the page yourself, first, and then have the friends who like the page for you leave a comment on the wall saying “Your Name sent me”. But, don’t be silly, make sure they use YOUR name, so I know who to give credit to.
Easy, right? Wanna do it?? Well, go back, and start with step one! And be sure to complete your entry
Still reading?!?!? WHY!? This is a race!!! GO GO GO!!! (I had to do something to make it fun!!!) Good luck!